There’s a lot of good, free information on the World Wide Web. Here are six of my favorite sites that will send you a daily email with pertinent information.
- WordThink – Word of the Day – They don’t include obscure, seldom-used words. You’ll get a brief definition of a word that you probably know but seldom use. Words like: accommodate, insular, dubious, reciprocal, pontificate.
- A Joke A Day – Actually, you get two jokes each day. They are always clean and appropriate.
- New York Times – Today’s Headlines – A picture and paragraph about the top news stories.
- New York Times – Evening Briefing – A summary of each day’s significant events.
- Harvard Business Review Management Tip of the Day – Various topics that will help keep your management skills sharp.
- This Week on TED – You will receive both the written transcript and video of a select TED talk.
My readers’ favorite posts in 2016
Based on comments and Facebook shares, these five posts were the most beneficial.